What is SEO
Search Engine Optimization refers to techniques that help you achieve better rankings for your website in organic search results.
It’s all about making your website more visible and more compelling to people who are searching for your product or brand.
SEO really means writing for humans instead of writing for search engines.
You should do careful keyword research, then place these keywords in your content in a natural and useful way, then promote your content to be linked and shared.
On-page SEO describes practices you use on your website to attract the attention of search engines and your visitors, and create an enjoyable user experience for your readers.
On-page factors all have to do with elements of your website: Technical set-up, textual and visual content, and the user-friendliness of your site all factor into SEO. If you own your website, you can control the technical issues and the quality of your content.
Focusing on on-page SEO will also help your off-page SEO strategy be successful.
Main on-page practices are:
- Writing high quality content that is fresh, original, and provides real value to your readers: Inbound marketing starts with content. A blog is one of the best ways to attract new visitors to your website. To get found by the right customers, you have to create helpful content that speaks to them and answers their questions.
- Using the keyword in the URL, titles, and subtitles
- Using the keyword in the first 100 words of the body copy
- Using keyword synonyms that Google uses to determine a page’s relevancy
- Engaging with images, gifs, videos, infographs, diagrams to shake it up
- Writing compelling meta descriptions and titles to encourage clicks
- Including alt text on images that contains the main keyword
- Using responsive layout that makes it easy for visitors to read and digest the content from every size and shape of devices
- A fast page loading time
What is off-page SEO?
Exclusive VIP content:
You don’t have access to the rest of this content.
To view this content, Join the VIP Club